Mission: Rutgers Center of Excellence in Financial Statistics and Risk Management facilitates and supports interdisciplinary research and collaboration between Rutgers faculty and students and researchers and practitioners in financial and research institutions. The Center seeks to promote and advance the research and practice of financial statistics and risk management by supporting and promoting related activities.
Center Activities: The center will actively promote and engage in the following core activities along with necessary auxiliary or supporting activities, viz.
- The center will promote discussions, exchanges of ideas and collaborations on projects or research that address practical problems by hosting workshops, working sessions, formal or informal meetings, seminars and conferences.
- The center will serve as a forum for collaboration by center Fellows on projects, and for engaging Research Associates to support these projects or to initiate projects of their own.
- The center will publish a series of technical reports and white papers, including related computing algorithms and software, disseminate the results of research conducted under the auspices of the center.
- The center will support Fellows, in conjunction with Rutgers faculty, in generating proposals for external research grants and funding support.
- The center will provide seed-funding where possible and appropriate to sponsor or support research activities of center Fellows.
- The center will run research competitions periodically on topics related to Financial Statistics and Risk Management.
- The center will sponsor public events related to the center mission.
- The center will provide technical consulting services to third party projects deemed befitting its mission.